Saturday, January 23, 2016

Replacing Boat Carpet with Durabak

I fish hard, sun up to sun down and even at night if the conditions call for it! I'm constantly on my boat whether it's by myself prefishing or out with clients. My boat is my office, my work space and if there is one thing I have learned it's that you're only as efficient as your work space allows you to be. Carpet for me is extremely inefficient! Carpet absorbs water, carpet stains, carpet gets very dirty, carpet wears quickly and carpet is a hook hassle. After determining that I needed to either replace or recarpet my boat I started thinking of surfaces that would solve all of the inefficiencies of carpet. Something that doesn't absorb water, that doesn't stain or was easy to wash off and clean, something that is durable and doesn't cause me hook problems. After brainstorming surfaces that were as I just described, the roll on bed liner in my truck came to mind! I proceeded to Google roll on bed liners for boat surfaces and that is when I found gold!

Durabakcompany.com was the first link that came up. Durabak is an epoxy that has shredded rubber granules in it. It has great grip for the bottom of shoes and is all that I was looking for in a surface. Durabak also comes in a wide range of colors that will match your boat! It is also way more cost efficient to do a Durabak surface than to recarpet your boat! The entire project costed me $140 and a total of about 1 week of my time. My wife and I traveled a lot around Christmas in addition to some poor weather and other work obligations which elongated the project. I am unbelievably satisfied with the final product and highly recommend using Durabak to resurface your boat!

For more information on Durabak visit Durabakcompany.com!

We will be posting our video soon!



3 comments:

  1. Bedliners can protect your covered body from harsh weather and hard friction. Boat and truck owners generally use best roll on bed liners to install it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally impressed with this article and the information you have provide on here is really helpful and informative. Thanks admin.
    Boat carpet in Oshawa Ontario

    ReplyDelete